I have had the opportunity to recently work with very talented students who are creative and industrious. Yet, they weren’t always this way. Sometimes a good teacher needs to be able to inspire the best out of the young people we work with. Yet, I really believe it’s not a simple accomplishment. A great teacher never sits in front of the classroom lecturing to students until they are bored to death. Instead, there is a positive interaction – that inspires the student to question and to “get curious” about the world around them. I have been lucky to see the recent students I have worked with successfully go on to junior college and universities – not a simple task, given where they started from: poverty, prejudice, and lack of parental support. Success isn’t a one man band – it requires the work of many concerned and compassionate individuals. I have been honored to be one of those individuals in the lives of many students. I’m looking forward to working with more students in the years ahead!
victor e. acevedo
- Diversity of Our Knowledge-base and Professional “Skills sets” Matter Too Much To Forget
- Developing Leadership Everyday by Victor E. Acevedo
- Learning To Not Take Things Personally by Victor E. Acevedo
- Accept The Opportunities In Your Life
- It’s Not what People Call You – it’s What You Answer To – By Victor E. Acevedo